EMR Medical Transcription

Whether you love it or hate it, the EMR mandate is mandatory. An average of 80% of practices have already implemented an EMR or EHR in accordance with the Affordable Care Act’s requirement to convert or pay a non-compliance fee. The other 20% will need to fall in line soon. For...

A Disruption in the Healthcare Industry On The Horizon If you haven’t heard the news…three American corporate giants are stepping into the healthcare center stage. Amazon, Berkshire Hathaway, & JP Morgan – three mega-firms of American business – announced last week they will be teaming up to...

Hooray, the Human Genome Project is complete! Now presenting: Genome-Informed Therapy! Scientists across the globe have gone beyond simply sequencing DNA. They now connect the dots between genetic codes and common diseases and illnesses. The link between genetics, or DNA, and medical concerns is growing stronger and stronger...

What is the EMR/EHR Transcription Mandate? With Obamacare rolled out and in full implementation, all patient data and information must be inputted into electronic EMR or EHR systems. What used to be a file folder for each patient is now an extensive online database connecting all...

Earlier this year, UCLA’s award winning hospitals were recognized with HIMSS Analytics’ acute care Stage 7 award – an honor that represents attainment of the highest level of electronic medical record progress at hospitals and health systems. UCLA should be proud of this accomplishment. Federal regulations mandate that all private clinicians,...

Now that stage 1 of EHR integration – demonstrating ‘meaningful use’ of an EHR system – has passed, there is a rejuvenated buzz to reevaluate the platforms currently used. Why? Simply there is an extraordinary amount of EHR dissatisfaction. 2013 marked the end of stage 1 for...

Well, simply put, the EMR Mandate is a provision of a comprehensive bill passed by congress demanding the conversion of patient charts to electronic systems. Let me introduce you to the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act, or the ARRA. This legislation is aimed at creating more funding...